A, B, C, D, E, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, R, S, T, U, W, Y
DISCLAIMER: KOKBOROK SCRIPTS ARE IN STILL DEVELOPMENT & OTHER SCRIPT APART FROM ENGLISH MAY BE USED IN FUTURE.
How to Pronunciate in Kokborok-
- A, a as in Apple – In Kokborok- Ama[Mother]
- E, e as in Ink – In Kokborok- Ereng[A lie]
- I, i as in Ink – In Kokborok- Isri[The Queen]
- O, o as in orange – In Kokborok- Osa[Festival]
- U, u as in Umbrella- In Kokborok- Uklak[Behind]
- W, w as in (U) Wake- In Kokborok- Wng[To be]
- B+a is Ba: Example- Bara(Short)
- B+e is Be: Example- Bereng(To hum)
- B+i is Bi: Example- Bihik(His wife)
- B+o is Bo: Example- Bol(Wood)
- B+u is Bu: Example- Bukung(Nose)
- B+w is Bw: Example- Bwtwng(Like a Thread)
Note: Consonants with vowels are used both for a specific word.
Syntax in Kokborok:
|Naisok is a good boy.|
|Naisok eats rice.|
|What is your name?|
|Why have you come?|
|e) Subject||Verb and Question|
|Will you go?|
|f) Subject||Verb and Command|
Gender in Kokborok:
There are four genders mostly used in Kokborok: masculine gender, feminine gender, common gender, and neuter gender.
|borok||man – masculine|
|bwrwi||woman – feminine|
|chwrai||child – common|
|buphang||tree – neuter|
There are various ways to change the genders of words in modern Kokborok.
|kiching||male friend||mare||female friend|
|sikla||young man||sikli||young woman|
|When the masculine words ends in a, the a is dropped.|
|pun||goat||punjua||he goat||punjwk||she goat|
How to present Conjoint Letters in Kokborok?
Ch + a is – Cha[To right]
Ch + e is – Cherep[To reduce]
Ch + i is – Chirik[To Shout]
Ch + o is – Chol[To Cut]
Ch + u is – Chuk[To high]
Ch + w is – Chwk[To sting]
Note: Kh, Ph, Th will be used similar to the above one.
N’ represents the nasal sound.
Example –In’ – Yes
In’ hi – No/Nope[Negative Sign]
Ng is a conjoint letter which is generally used in the last syllable of the word.
Example – Aming which is -A cat
Ua is used in this way.
Example: Uak – Pig; Uah-Bamboo; Uatwi-Rain.
Uo is used in this way.
Example: Buo- Bitting; Thuo- Sleeping.
- The last Alphabet of a bearing K & P will be G & B after using a vowel letter as a suffix and the meaning of the word will be changed.
- Paithat – Last: Paithak+O = Paithago –In last, Kok –Language: Kok +O = Kogo – In Language
- Koklop – Poem: Koklop + O =Koklobo –In Poem, Khaklap –Chest: Khaklap+O =Khaklabo –In the chest
- To Explain the High Tune of a Word, the “H” letter will be fixed with the syllable when the high tune is pronounced.
Low Tune High Tune
- Bo- He or She Boh- He or She in far place
- Bor- Senseless Bohr- To Plant
- Lai – Easy Laih- To cross
- Nukhung- Family Nukhuhng- Roof